C is for Cookies....That's good enough for me

Friday 8 February 2013

Hannah Banana Birthday Cookies

This week my sister turned 20 years old! Hard to believe she is already out of her teens, seems like yesterday we were just 2 little kids tearing up the house and driving our parents crazy. We are quite a few years apart in age, so growing up we fought all the time! She was young and drove me crazy and I wanted nothing to do with her. Now though we are closer then ever and she has become a best friend over the past couple years (which surprisingly enough our parents always said would happen). So instead of doing the whole cake thing for her this year I asked her what ingedients she likes the most in a baked good. Her answer was blueberries and macadamia nuts. It was like a lightbulb went off for me. Hannah was known as Hannah Banana as a child and what better to add to the mix then bananas. So on a snowy afternoon with my sister lazing around on the couch, I put together the following recipe and it turned out really well. My sister loves them, so it's mission accomplished.I hope you will love these as much as she did, and don't forget to add a little music to your baking.

Hannah Banana Birthday Cookies
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 c. Sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 c. Oats
1 Egg
3/4 c. Butter (softened)
1 c. Macadamia Nuts
3/4 c. Dried Blueberries
1/4 c. Chopped Walnuts
1/4 c. Chopped Pecans
2 Bananas (ripened)





Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together first six ingredients in a bowl. Mix together egg, sugar and mashed bananas in a seperate bowl. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl. Stir all together and slowly mix in blueberries, walnuts, pecans, and macadamia nuts. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool for a couple minutes and then enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Wow some cookies that may not put inches on my waist - thanks Christina - shared your blog with a few friends -

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look great, I too like blueberries and macadamia nuts! I also think it is very sweet that you made cookies for your sister's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. A healthy cookie ... now that's something I have never tried! They look great, I'll have to make some for myself and see how they taste!

    ReplyDelete