C is for Cookies....That's good enough for me

Friday 15 March 2013

Cookie 101

After speaking with many of my friends and family members, it became evident to me that not everybody thinks they have the baking gift. Now I have always been told that a person can either bake or cook and that finding someone that can do both well is rare. I have to say that I don't agree with this. I can both cook and bake but when it boils down to it I enjoy baking much more then cooking. Cooking I do to feed myself and my family, baking I do because I love it. I think that baking is more scientific in the ingredients and measurements that are used to achieve perfection and that this concept is what frustrates people and makes them believe they can't bake. I found the perfect article to explain all the basic ingredients that are found in each cookie and hopefully this will help out with any frustrations people maybe having with baking. Another helpful tip I would add to this article is don't always go by the suggested baking time in a recipe, it is just a guide and every oven will differ. Start with the lowest time and check on them from there, it is easier to fix an undercooked baked good then an overcooked baked good. Happy Baking and I hope the following article helps with those that maybe struggling in their baking.
 
The really helpful article :)
http://allrecipes.com/howto/perfect-cookies/

1 comment:

  1. I love to bake, but like you said it can be more challenging since it is really a science. But it has the best reward in the end. There is nothing better than a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven !

    ReplyDelete