C is for Cookies....That's good enough for me

Thursday 31 January 2013

Winter Blues Pick Me Ups

Well I'm sure most people living in an area that experience 4 seasons can attest to the fact that there comes a time when you are just plain sick of winter. I have never considered winter to be one of my favourite seasons, bitter cold has never been very appealing to me. So when temperatures reach -15 degrees C I really consider packing up and moving anywhere hot. It appears that more people then not feel that way as we even have a Monday in January that we call Blue Monday, that's a day a travel company made up that is said to be the most depressing day of the year.I started thinking, seeing as I am unable to pack up and move, what can i do to turn this frown for myself and others upside down? I found the answer, Winter Blue Pick Me Ups. I thought of different ingredients that have lots of energy and are known to lighten people's moods and the list I came up with is chocolate, oats, coconut and almonds. All of these key ingredients are well known pick me me ups and combined together are amazing! So on a dreary cold afternoon I turned on some Brazilian Samba, poured myself a glass of red (wine of course) and made some really addicting cookies. The only problem I seem to be having is only eating one. I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do and dont forget to add some music to your baking, it makes all the difference.


                                                             
Winter Blues Pick Me Ups
1 1/4 c. oatmeal
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.



Then add oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix all together until dough is consistent.


Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Yields approximately 2 dozen cookies.

3 comments:

  1. MMMM!!! :D Weekend project! Especially now that it's getting cold again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can attest first hand that these are amazing! perks of getting to computer class early and getting a sample!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fancy baking sheet!

    ReplyDelete