C is for Cookies....That's good enough for me

Friday 22 February 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies With a Twist

This week has been an extremely busy one for me as I am almost done my program so the assignments are getting loaded on. Top that with the fact that I leave for vacation in 2 days and you can imagine the chaos that is my life this week. Not that I am not thrilled to be going away but getting ready for that alone seems to be consuming quite a bit of my time. There is a light at the end of this stress tunnel though and it is called Mayan Riviera. In two days from now I will be escaping the freezing winter and laying on a beach with a beverage in hand. I believe in life there has to be a balance of stress and stress relievers or people would just internally combust. So with all thats been going on I still had to find time to make some cookies and because I was short on time this week I made one of my personal favourites which are not only delicious but very fast to make. I call them peanut butter kisses and they are bite size, which also makes you feel less guilty about eating more then one because I doubt you'll be able to eat just one. I also have a blog site posted that will help you with stress relief if your life is chaotic like mine usually is. Hope you enjoy!

Peanut Butter Kisses










Ingredients:

1/2 c. Butter Softened
3/4 c. Peanut Butter
1/3 c. Brown Sugar

1/3 c. White Sugar
1 Egg
3 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 c. Flour
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
3/4 c. Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
1 Bag Chipits Hershey Mini Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat together first seven ingredients. Add in gradually flour, baking soda, salt, and toffee bits. Mix until dough is consistent. Shape dough into 3/4" balls and roll in additional white sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet  and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place one mini kiss into centre of each cookie.

Here is the link for the recipe I follow, I add in the toffee bits for extra added sweetness
http://www.hersheycanada.com/recipes/en/recipe-details.aspx?id=6336&name=Tiny-CHIPITSreg-Mini-KISSEStrade-Peanut-Butter-Blossoms

For stress relief and to further your knowledge on stress management please take a look at the following blog:

14 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I will have to attempt at baking these one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find time to make some and if you are a first time baker they are extremely easy to make. Happy Baking!

      Delete
  2. These cookies are great because they are so easy to make. And you're right, because they are bite-sized and so delicious, its easy to eat a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do. Happy Baking!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to try this one! Those look like melt-in-your-mouth goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy these once you have a chance to make some. Happy Baking!

      Delete
  4. These were amazing! Thank you for bringing one in for me YOU ARE THE BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem at all, I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  5. Peanut butter and chocolate is such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it doesn't get much better then the two of these ingredients together.

      Delete
  6. Well, I think it's about time I turn on that music and start the baking... Great idea. I will definitely be trying this out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. peanut butter cookies have always been my favourite. I can't wait to try out this new twist on a classic recipe. who knows, maybe i'll have a new favourite soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! I have such a weak spot for cookies, especially peanut butter cookies! I have a feeling these are going to become a regular in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try this immediately, they look incredible.

    ReplyDelete