C is for Cookies....That's good enough for me

Sunday 10 March 2013

Viva La Mexico

Riviera Maya, Mexico is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the privilege of visiting and I strongly suggest if you ever have the chance to visit this haven you do. I spent a week there and the week consisted of beaches, pools, sun, margaritas, and zip-lining. The Mexican culture is something I have always enjoyed. I love the music, the food, the people and the language. After numerous days of laying around in the sun me and my other half decided it was time to do an excursion. After much deliberation and debating we agreed to do a trip called Xplor, this excursion consisted of zip-lining, swimming in underground caves and paddling canoes through these underground caves as well. It was a great day and at the end of the day we stopped at a natural juice bar for some refreshments. It was here I discovered an amazing cookie which I had never even heard of before. It was a little round cookie that had huge cinnamon flavour and I was so impressed. Not only had I experienced an exhilarating day of zip-lines and underground caves but here in the Riviera Maya I was able to discover a new cookie that I absolutely love. Talk about the best vacation ever! So after an unbelievable much needed relaxing week in Mexico I returned home determined to find the recipe for either this great cookie I had there or something very similar, the following recipe is what I discovered in my searches and after baking these, my whole family has a new appreciation for cinnamon. They are easy to make and they don't require a lot of ingredients either. So, if you are a cinnamon lover like I am and you have a little time to bake, I strongly suggest you try out the following recipe. As always, don't forget the music and for these I recommend a nice salsa or meringue mix while baking and if you can, why not make a batch of margaritas to further this experience even more.

Mexican Cinnamon Cookies









Ingredients
1 c. Butter
1/2 c. Icing Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 c. Icing Sugar
1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease baking sheet. Combine together 1/2 cup icing sugar and softened butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla, salt, flour and cinnamon. Once dough is stiff form it into 1 inch balls. Mix together in a separate bowl 1 cup icing sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Roll balls in this mixture before placing on baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
 
Recipe Link



No comments:

Post a Comment